2017 State Convention Agenda
Our 2017 Convention is set and just waiting on you to make plans to join us!
We will be electing new officers and want you to have a voice in the future of South Dakota politics.
We are the fastest growing party in the United States and believe in a simply philosophy of Minimum Government, Maximum Freedom. If you agree with the principles of liberty and the constitution, then join us at Monk’s House of Ale Repute on July 22nd.
You can also contact us directly on Facebook, or right here.
Below is our 2017 agenda:
7:00pm Welcome by State Chair Jon Boon McNutt
7:15pm: Call to Order
- By-laws and Platform (submit ideas & changes to either)
- Add changes to by-laws (1 State-wide At-Large, add Communications Director, 2-year office)
- Change wording of Article 2 Section 3 to
“Dues will be paid prior to start of Call to Order of the annual party meeting”
- Change Annual convention to be before the National LP Convention each year
- Vote to accept changes to by-laws
- Vote to keep current national platform or creating our own
Vote for officers: Chair, Vice-Chair, Treasurer, Membership Director, Communications Manager, State At-Large
- New officers will take over at the end of convention
- Only active members of the SDLP can be eligible (good-standing, dues paid)
- Office is held for 2 years
8:15pm Speaker: Elizabeth Dahl of Crystal, MN City Council
8:30pm Speaker: James Schneider Iowa LP
8:45pm Speakers: New Approach SD
9:00pm Speaker: Laura Ebke Nebraska Legislature
Break: Join SDLP/Candidacy Announcements
9:30pm Casual question and answer session
10:00pm End of convention
*** Note: All times are approximate. Any agenda item can go over its allotted time.
You can still join us and become a voting member of the party!
There are a few ways to join, you can be a card carrying member of the national Libertarian Party and show us your card at the convention.
You can donate $5 or more to our Convention Campaign by clicking here.
There are some other contribution options by clicking here.